Tuesday, April 14, 2009

You said "I know that this will hurt

But if I don't break your heart things will just get worse"

Easter Break, while not in any way restful, was a relief. I love Jewell so much, but everything seems so much bigger here.

I don't trust people. Especially pastors. I really don't trust pastors.

My band director in high school was a liar. He lied a lot. About stupid things. I never believed anything he said. This year he had to go to a neurologist and get a brain scan because he had a tumor. I didn't know whether or not to believe him because he lies... a lot. But then maybe the tumor had altered his personality all these years and had made him lie. This led to the epic question: "Did lying cause the tumor or did the tumor cause lying?"
Turns out it was neither. There's no tumor. He's just lies a lot.

Transparency. It's harder than I originally anticipated. But here's the facts: I'm not the independant woman I pretend to be. I need males to make me feel valued. For the record, I'm trying to change that. But for now, I'm conflicted. I can't go to formal without a boy. Who's going to tell me how pretty I am?

If the burden seems too much to bear, the end will justify the pain it took to get us there.

No comments:

Post a Comment